Buyer of DuPont Chemicals Unit Will Face Massive Legal Legacy Costs!
Good Evening, Bonsoir, Guten Abend, Ni Hao,
Readers, DuPont Chieftess, Ms. Cull-Men, seems to be frantic to cull out any vestige of chemicals and chemical-based materials from what used to be the largest and most prestigious chemical enterprise on the planet, a role now firmly occupied by BASF. Any potential buyer should intensely and extensively study the buried legal legacy of the Company's chemicals:
* Pending in the federal and state courts are tens of thousands of claims for tree losses caused by DuPont's consumer product fraud, DuPont Imprelis, a dandelion lawn treatment masking an extremely efficacious toxic tree-killer. We believe those litigation settlement costs may ultimately top $2 billion or more!
* Lurking are hundreds of $millions required to be expended for medical monitoring ($235 million) and the settlement of scores of individual lawsuits pertaining to DuPont's pollution and cover-up of the extraordinarily toxic, cancer-causing Teflon chemical, C8.
* Nearly one-third of the new car market is now off-limits for the potentially explosive and dangerous DuPont Kullman Koolant (DuPont/Honeywell HFO-1234yf) for car A/C, as Daimler, VW, BMW, and Toyota reject this highly questionable refrigerant touted as "a great DuPont innovation" by DuPont's big bosses.
* Latent environmental illegalities endemic to DuPont's run-down chemical plants, such as acid factories, which have been repeatedly cited over the years.
* Unknown price-fixing, unlawful misconduct for which DuPont has a long documented history.
Caveat Emptor, indeed!
Merely the evening commentary and opinion of one individual investor and long-time student of the devolving
and deceptive DuPont...funfun..