Insiders and institutions own some 97% of TSRA.
There are 1.5 million shares short.
There are about 2.7 million shares callable based on call open interest. (I know some of the short call interest is coverred, but most is not).
Massachusetts Financial Services just added 1.6mm on the last drop in TSRA. What happens if more institutions want in or want to increase shares?
Since insiders and institutions own virtually all of the 48.9mm share float, where will stock and options shorts get their shares to cover if long term holders do not sell?
I am a member of IV and would like to know the web address that all posters are using until IV gets back. I am invested in RMBS, TIVO and TSRA. I think Mariner is running another chat room. TIA
Get out of TIVO while you can, I'm telling that since it was trading at 12.50
RMBS: I stay on the sideline, will swing big time but it's a gamble. Good luck for it.
TSRA: obviously a good choice :)
Quite frankly, you're both nuts. TSRA can double or be cut in half overnight, and technical analysis will have nothing to do with it. In the next 12 weeks there will be one or two legal determinations that can move the stock big in either direction. Throw in a settlement or new licensee, and this price range will be history. TA works on your average stocks, it only works on this stock absent other events.
Have at it, big shots. But as much as I hate to admit it, with 8 bucks in cash on the books, I'm with IP on this one.
I'm ready whenever you are ready. My lawyer can make the contract in a few days and send to your advisor to check.
I think you will chicken out, but am open for a positive surprise :)
That's the spirit! Maybe we should discuss the details in email. Generally this would be my terms:
- we both transfer the amount in advance to an independent lawyer
- we sign a contract listing the terms
- we wait 12 weeks and the lawyer transfer the $200K to the winner.
Would the be okay?
"Another interesting stat is that the MACD, 200MA, and Bollingers ALL point to firesale."
Would you be willing to disavow technical analysis completely and forever if TSRA drops no more than 30% worse than the S&P over the next 2 weeks? (S&P at 1,096 and TSRA at $23.58 as I write this) (I'm giving you some room--a firesale is generally more than 40% off)
I know: "The technicals impel, they do not compel."