% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Simulations Plus, Inc. Message Board

  • dickmilde dickmilde Jan 1, 2014 4:11 PM Flag

    Next Q report in about 2 weeks.

    Last year SLP reported on the 14th so we should be seeing the report very soon. Given the preliminary sales numbers released we should expect a very nice earnings report. I'm guessing maybe .048 per share in earnings. This would be about a 34% increase over last year. There are several variables that can make this go either way... taxes and R&D for example. But... I'm expecting a nice bottom line that should keep the stock price going in the right direction and also keep the dividend safe. Speaking of dividends... The next dividend announcement may catch investors by surprise. The next dividend ( if the board votes for one ) could be higher than what is generally expected. We have seen recent increases and we are past the dividends that were pulled in early in 2012 for the lower tax rate so I'm looking forward for the next announcement. IF, and that's a big IF, the board votes for a .07 per share dividend, that along with a solid earnings report should put a solid floor under the current price. With a price of $5.00 a share a .07 quarterly dividend puts the yield will ahead of 5%.
    SLP continues to be an excellent investment.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • I'd be happy with $.06, yielding 4.8% at $5.00

      Separately, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the apparent lack of institutional buying once SLP broke the $5.00 barrier, often thought to be the threshold for those investors to buy.

      • 1 Reply to arak1147
      • If you look at the "Major holders" at Yahoo under "Ownership" and add up what the insiders, mutual funds and institutional are actually holding you come up with 83%... That only leaves 17% for you and me :-) It looks like they have a sizeable amount already. $10 is another important threshold, I'm expecting some activity when we cross that.

8.82+0.06(+0.68%)Sep 29 4:00 PMEDT