GREAT NEWS ! A MUST READ PROFESSIONAL OPINION HERE..I just got off the phone with my Corporate Attorney , who has been helping me all along with vrngo..the guy is a brilliant attorney, anyways he read the article that came out tonight and all the legal mumbo jumbo that my traders mind cant really grasp...he said the judge is forcing them to come to some agreement and he is upwards of 90% certain of a fast settlement ...i wrote some of what he said down and i will put it in bullet points here..
- motion in limine is an evidence exclusion or admission motion. this judge is crushing these parties for a settlement, mostly by reserving ruling.by reserving rulings, he leaves a lot of uncertainty for both parties, and the more uncertainty the more likely they are to settle before trial, he feels settlement before trial is a fate complete.
- The judge is requiring SETTLEMENT MEMOS from each side, which is ENORMOUS, because it means they have to put their positions on paper, then the judge will work to close the gap to avoid trial and to hasten settlement. memos should be kept confidential., this lawyer bets this will NEVER see a courtroom. The judge will literally sit with them in chambers and talk veringo's demands down and googles settlement offfers up...he believes and this is just his opinion that vringo will be seeking upwards of 1.5 billion and google may want to offer upwards of 500 million...said if this is the case the judge will push for a 1 billion settlement in some form..and royalties as well..the royalty rate can be negotiated as well..said the settlement memos are basically a check on the parties that they are actually attempting to settle...its like kids are the companies and the judge is mom and dad...they will get it done and do it right and the judge sees the memos and goes over it with them.
- TOLD me this news tonight is GREAT, FANTASTIC , FOR SETTLEMENT PROSPECT, beyond question...it will settle.
- THE judge does NOT want to try this case, he is going to do everything in his power to get this case SETTLED before trial, which is what he is doing as we speak, he tells me that every single thing he has seen happen in this case by the court is a path towards settlement...he says if this goes to trial even for a moment he will be SHOCKED...says this should be settled on or about Tuesday to Wednesday..with the greater likelihood it settles tuesday, they come to some agreement, vringo gets in touch with the board of directors with the numbers...they accept or reject., but says if the legal team advises to take said settlement they likely will .
- With trial comes a ton of work for the judge and his staff, the court will make certain to avoid the trial as he is witnessing with all of this now.
-Google might as well just put a buyout on the table to own vringo, makes more sense.
- if going to trial the jury will hear of googles wealth and power and massive revenues, juries are common men, and massively prejudicial to the little guy...they are most likely to side with vringo., and when they have the numbers in front of them considering the size of Google it bodes poorly for them. this is trial strategy. Googles attorneys are there to manage RISK and the risk of triple damages or a total win for vringo gives them a position of great strength in the settlement hearing.
- the LIKELIHOOD THEY SETTLE ON THE 9TH OR 10TH IS EXTREMELY HIGH BASED ON HIS EXPERT OPINION AND GOING OVER ALL THAT HE COULD FROM THE OUTSIDE.
..SO ALL IN ALL BASED ON THE MOST CURRENT RULINGS HE FEELS THIS IS NOW AS CLOSE TO A SLAM DUNK AS CAN BE...and IN REGARDS TO THE STOCK PRICE HE FEELS IT WILL BE MOVING UP SHARPLY ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY BEFORE A SETTLEMENT IS SURELY STRUCK.AGAIN HE FEELS IT WILL BE AT 1 BILLION.PLUS ROYALTIES.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Rick - nice addition to the recent batch of VRNG fuel, gracias. But a little grammatical correction: early on you wrote 'he feels settlement before trial is a fate complete': he actually said 'fait accompli', that according to Wiktionary is 'an accomplished fact, something that has already occurred; a done deal.' Fate complete, ironically, is close.
Last minute settlement in judges chambers before trial on Tuesday morning.....you can take that to the bank. Google would not risk a jury trial against a small company like Vringo and a possible huge award.....bad for business!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
.....I don't understand, the judge makes a living going to trial, the loser pays court expenses so money is not an issue, why is it so important to the judge that they don't go to trial? He'll still be wearing the black robe, sitting behind the bench, gaval in hand, surely it won't matter to him whether or not they go to trial.
good point..and I'm still a little confused as to the enormous amounts being thrown around here...I'm long the stock..but most estimates I'm seeing are in the 300-500 million range...am I missing something
SLAM DUNK, you heard it..........@... THIS IS NOW AS CLOSE TO A SLAM DUNK AS CAN BE...and IN REGARDS TO THE STOCK PRICE HE FEELS IT WILL BE MOVING UP SHARPLY ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY BEFORE A SETTLEMENT IS SURELY STRUCK.AGAIN HE FEELS IT WILL BE AT 1 BILLION.PLUS ROYALTIES.... @.
UNLESS G wants to pay 3 - 5 billion additional.
Now maybe V wants 3 - 5 Billion as that seems pretty reasonable.
Agree , i still think the damages will be between 1.3 billion and 1.8 billion ... I will be very surprised they go to court , Google just losted most of there experts on there behalf !! I think we open $ 7.00 Monday morning . imho ..
Sentiment: Strong Buy
You are describing standard stuff in pre-trial manuevering. The attorney's are not children. They will not settle because some judge pushes them to a deal. Google will not lay down for Vringo and settle for anywhere near a billion dollars. They will go to trial if the numbers remain in that range. Vringo is probably happy with a few hundred million ..which would capatilize the company and let them ply the Nokia waters.