I actually invested 100% in an index fund at 7700 (a little early) but rode it up to 9400 when I started to bleed back into cash and got out at totally at 11,500... this should hit at least $43, where I will dip my big toe in and wait for $38, if it comes. JMO take it or leave it.
We will see what happens, the market is poised for a 10% sell off and normally everything gets taken down with that. If our government doesn't get their act together then in the short to medium term we will see a 20% sell off. Patience and cash is king in today's turmoil.
If your waiting for that $43 price you may never see it. If your a long term investor than you may want to think about getting in now. Once DLB reports earning you may not see $50 again for a very long time.
I agree that this stock could retrace back to $38 by July, May is around the corner and so is the sell off. I do not own this stock but I do follow Motley Fool and I believe $43 or below would be a great entry point. JMO
Now (not before as many sustained) the stock is oversold.
Probably a bounce is in the card, but unless something very good is coming fundamentally in the near term (from earnings ?) I see this downward move as still not complete.
Technically could reach 38, but probably it will stop higher than that, even without good developments.
I think what is happening is that Dolby is not changing much, but people are beginning to realize that it may be about to lose control of the blue ribbon.
It's time for the company to institute a dividend, and to buy back shares. Dolby has become a mature company, no more in its exponential growth. Even QCOM gives a dividend and it is still coming out with novel chips.