Severely Cost-Slashed, People-Trashed Bureaucracy Has Few Decent Ideas
THE SUNDAY SIZE-UP
Investors, with boring repetition, DuPont's big bosses and their PR tricksters bombard the media and Wall Street with the refrain DuPont will be growing robustly over the next five years. Sales and earnings will take off skyward. So? In all the vague bombast, DuPont Senior Management fails to disclose what those big money-making schemes are to propel strong growth. Surely it will not be...
* Commercially unproven and extremely costly DuPont corn cob "gasoline",
* Nor burning over 1 million tonnes of wheat annually with partner BP in Hull England to fuel up motorcars and lorries with bad-mileage ethanol.
* Clothes, carpets made out of food (corn) won't do it.
* Nor making commodity pastes and films for notoriously uneconomical solar energy.
* Nor the customer-unfriendly pesticide, with the ridiculously unpronounceable and forgettable name of Ranaxypur, eh..Ryznixapir, er... Rynaxypyr
* And not likely, DuPont Pioneer seeds heavily mortgaged to Monsanto for their superior GM traits.
In the meantime Ms. Kullman, DuPont Chieftess and her servile ninth floor ninnies keep pretending they are running only a "food, fuel, and protection" outfit, chemicals and related materials be damned, and be dumped down the road. No great ideas are floating around Fortress Wilmington these days. Have you heard of any?
Merely THE SUNDAY SIZE-UP digitally penned by one individual retail investor with short and long positions