Resistance at the 200 day sma for Lnco. Line RSI at 70 signaling an overbought condition. Both stocks are above the top Bollinger Band with a pullback ex dividend on thurs. and a close back within the bands would indicate a high probability to at least test the midway point of the bands or even a test of the bottom band. Hopefully get a chance to buy that 25% back near the bottom band in between now and the July distribution.
Obviously they aren't looking to let the kids inherit their profits. Plus it was only 25%. who knows how many they own. Could be like myself and looking for that price to unload a few shares to deploy else where. We aren't all looking to hand over or pass on our winnings too family members.
To be clear, I still hold 75% of my Lnco position. If my technical scenario plays out I`m only looking for a slight pullback to $27.50 -$27.00 area for Lnco. Right now both stocks are still above the top band and slightly above resistance. Todays close will provide more clues if this breakout is for real. Still bullish on Line/Lnco.
Right, when I speak of $30, I'm talking LINE of course, LNCO just trails behind a buck and change (for the moment). So, in LNCO terms my bet is that it does not fall to the mid to low $27's, that it messes around in the $28's for awhile, but over the near to mid term gradually works its way up into the $29's, which would be the LINE analog.
Naturally to test a theory would require a vast amount of data, not one case, or even many, from one security. This is just for giggles.
Alright, fair enough, you have the courage of your convictions. I'll propose that there is no such condition, that the unit price has been recovering from skepticism gradually, and given there is likely no negative news coming in the near term, that should continue. I see $30 as a mental barrier that will cause some to act as you did, delaying the inevitable, but barring a general market breakdown, we'll see over $30 next week.
I don't not believe the unit price will act as you believe, falling down below $29 again. I base my prediction on zero science, because I don't believe it's possible to predict future price movements, even in a probabilistic sense, I'm just making a guess based on fundamentals, that current conditions indicate this is cheap and therefore it will correct over time. Now we'll see.
I believe today 6/4/14) is ex-div and you have to own the stock as of the close yesterday to get the dividend. So unless you sold after the closeyou missed the dividend? Seems a bit hasty to me.