% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Arlington Asset Investment Corp. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • annualrunrate annualrunrate Oct 3, 2012 12:07 PM Flag

    Strong sell

    You need to read up on how this kind of company works. Name calling as you have done is really more a reflection of your inner turmoil than anything having to do with the company itself. Plus, it makes you look stupid. I don't own shares in this company but am looking to invest, and I can see nothing negative about the management or performance so far.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • nickspinner Oct 3, 2012 3:23 PM Flag

      Down AGAIN today on low volume. #$%$???? There is DEFINITELY something wrong with this mREIT.

    • Mgmts stated reason for the share offerings is to reinvest in the business. They appear to have done that with the first money raise with the results they expected. Since then the stock has gone up so it appears the market agrees. I'm more concerned with insider selling. The same insiders bailed out of FBR just before the bottom fell out.

    • RE: Strong SELL..Just a few facts re: AI Price on Jan 3, 2012: $19.16 Price on Oct 8, 2012: $23.91 Appreciation to Date: $4.75 or 24.79%...Dividends to date: $2.625 or 13.70%...Total combined to date: $7.375 or 38.49%. Unless a person is a dividend chaser, it would be difficult if not impossible to lose money on AI assuming it has been held since 1/3/12 thru 10/8/12. This is a pretty good return and a company that has a long record of dividends in spite of difficult economic conditions over the past several years. If one is constantly hopping in and out of dividend payers ( attempting to time the market), I can see how money can be lost. Otherwise, I'm content to take dividends and appreciation.

      Sentiment: Hold

14.39-0.01(-0.07%)Oct 28 4:01 PMEDT