Batten down the hatches boys and girls for in this humble investors opinion we are going to be riding the $4's for the next 5 to 7 trading sessions. That is if historical data is any indicator of future price movement, which some folks will swear it is not. In my case however I tend to believe that there is a considerable amount of validity to technical analysis of a stocks movement. AI has, without a doubt, been trading within a well defined range of $4.50 to $6.50 on very predictable volume since mid-April. Now with the issue under $5 again we can expect the usual margin selling which will put further downward pressure on the stock and IMO may drive it to as low as $4.25 within the next two sessions. This presents an excellent buying opportunity during the next few days for both the long-term holder and the short-term trader. The aforementioned situation combined with the current roadshow, which has historically brought in buyers, and the VKFS telecom conference exposure, which should also bring in buyers, should turn the stock price back around within the next week as buying pressure picks back up. As daylate$$short indicated, AI tested the 200 EMA today. The issue showed some strength at the close as many of us stalwart longs joined the fray and bought discounted shares. IMO tomorrow the 200 EMA will not only be tested it will be broken at which point we may see some larger block buys coming off. Time will tell... Do not despair, we are dealing with a temporary setback, don't wallow in self-pity, take advantage of the situation. Nobody ever said this was going to be easy... Good Luck & Stay LONG!!!
These are the effects of dilution. Expect more dilution due to financing. Large institutional holdings will come by way of the equity financing and not purchases in the open market. This has been the Modus Operendi for AI since inception.
Expect to see low $3 level. Also, for the same reasons you mentioned in your post. IMO.
therefore there is no Genesis related dilution of the stock value at this point in time. You may wish to re-visit the issue after the deal receives regulatory approval,is closed and stock actually trades hands. Until then you are barking up the wrong tree. I will repeat, dilution has nothing at all to do with the current price situation with AI. Good Luck & Stay LONG!!!