* Planned or someone who knew him - wasn't random.
* .22 caliber and seven shots to the body - sounds like a woman.
* Shot at close range but not from a car - could be someone he knew.
* Police tried to say shooter was accurate, but it doesn't sound that accurate for close range.
* Hadn't been mayor for 10 years - probably wasn't political.
* In 1972, police only considered men.
* Police were biased in favor of hired hitman theory - a lot easier to explain that they couldn't catch a professional. But problem is, professional hitman wouldn't use a .22 to shoot someone in a heavy overcoat; shoot so many times; or leave shell casings behind.
* This was a woman he knew.