% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

VIASPACE Inc. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • jphershey21 jphershey21 Jun 30, 2009 10:56 AM Flag

    Re Charging DMFC's

    Yeah I'm curious about that Rod will they still have a normal battery in addition to the fuel cell or how does that work, trying to do some research online but it's difficult to get that detailed information so far. I let you no if I can find anything. I found something in an article about Toshiba rolling out their DMFC by March 2010, thought it was going to be sooner. It's ok I'm long on this I think it will be trading on NAS by 2012 that's when the mainstream analysts will be on board.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • nzmaverick Jun 30, 2009 12:50 PM Flag

      Here's what I understand the battery vs DMFC situation is - and its pure speculation.

      When using a DMFC, the entire battery pack will be removed and replaced by the DMFC system. The 2 units are totally interchangable in both size and the way they work. The OEM's "converter" that the DMFC plugs into replaces 75% of the battery space, with the cartridge being the other 25%. Want to go from Fuel cell to battery? Change it out and hey presto! Just plug the AC adapter back in to charge it.

      At least I think this is the way it will work...!

      Again, speculation. But this is the way I THINK it will work out. No one wants a Fuel Cell only laptop... Do they?

0.0022-0.0002(-8.33%)Jul 29 3:38 PMEDT