Regarding Romney's trial balloon about limiting deductions
it says nothing about the character of a man as wealthy as Romney is. Another group of people who would be seriously hurt by a cap on deductions are those facing truly hefty medical bills for dread illnesses and such. Are these the kind of people who we want paying added taxes? The Romney trial balloon may SOUND as if it's the wealthy who will bear most of the brunt when in fact it's charities and those facing big medical bills.
So let's see the gems that Romney came up with in the debate:
1) He wants better schools and teachers and smaller classes. Only one problem - how to pay for them.
2) He' wants to "champion" small business. Whether tax breaks create more revenues through more jobs in not clear.
3) He wants to limit deductions. At the expense of charities and those paying hefty medical bills.
4) He wants to crack down on China if they cheat. Who doesn't want to crack down on them - but realities have to be considered.
5) He likes coal. Wowza - I'm really impressed.
Oh yes - Romney also couldn't resist mentioning the "inalienable right to life bestowed by the Creator." We all know what he meant by that - no abortions even in cases of rape and incest. Obama should have slammed him for that one.