Would someone plz tell me how long will the cash be available after expiration date expire if participate in an offer? Does it mean we can get cash a day after expiration or have to wait until next year?
I have been hoping for some last minute salvation in this and it doesn't look likely to come (up to AH of today).
Sadly, I think that I am going to have to submit to this miserable offer just so that I can get the offer price (which we are far under at this point) and take a loss on my investment.
I'll lose less than $1K on my initial investment at the offer price, but it's still painful because I still believe that we are being shortchanged by the whole circus of groups involved in this.
It was always a speculation investment in the end and I definitely took a risk and entered into it with "eyes open", but it's saddening to me because I hoped to see this company do better than the end they are facing now.
The reds will make out well financially on this deal and it's scary when you think about the sensitivity of American's DNA which they will have access to here.
The whole thing just seems wrong but it looks unlikely to be stopped at this point. Sigh...this whole arrangement definitely sucks. Investors should really be careful what they wish for when they wish for buyouts.
I called my broker but he seems knowing nothing n ask me to call GNOM' I R. I couldn't reach GNOM. at least you let me know 2-3 week after 0ct 23. It'd be nice if you let me know for sure :). honestly I don't want my fund stuck here any longer.
Have a great day!.
Hahahah.. Classical-rat .your guess almost correct, unfortunately I still hold 30k :) @2.69. keep wish me worth $300. la la la.... the reason I haven't sold when news release 'cause i wanna want total worth $300k not $300.
Hope you become millionaire in your imagination.
Okay. That only makes me suggest to the person that started this thread, that they really, really need to go and talk with their broker about how that broker is handling the share trade for the offer.
Different broker, different policies.
As for TDAmeritrade, different clients, different accounts (and balances), perhaps different policies?
In the end, "it is what it is". It's beyond my control to effect.
It may (MAY I say) depend on your broker to some extent. You probably want to check with them.
In the case of TDAmeritrade, here is what I was told:
"Payment would likely be credited 2-3 weeks after the (10/23/12) expiration date (unless extended)."
I not telling you that so you think that the 2-3 weeks is a hard and fast thing for everyone; probably consider it a general rule of thumb. You really should go and ask your broker to be certain of their timeline.
I hate, hate, HATE this deal! But, it looks like no one is going to step in to derail it and save us shareholders.
This is probably what Mitt Romney's world is really like (screw the shareholders, hooray for the "deal-makers")......