% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Theravance, Inc. Message Board

  • rosettawest Dec 13, 2013 12:26 PM Flag

    Anyone getting pumped about Wednesday?

    Not totally a sure thing, which adds to the excitement...but a good bet, for sure.
    This board is a ghost town sometimes. C'mon people...we're a few days away from a big event, and we're at a good entry point because the sector's been hit hard lately. Who's buying more?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • The approval is basically in the bag---GSK has been "hinting" at that in their discussions with investors. Let's see how strong the commentary out of GSK is post PDUFA. I'm a bit more conservative on the upside---see it adding 3-maybe 4 points. UNLESS the shorts are forced to sell/cover the stock may just trend up slightly. I wish I could be more enthused. I'm happy it's up big but don't see GSK helping us out .... until we least expect it.

      • 2 Replies to timothyc121855
      • I agree and wouldn't be surprised if there was only a minor pop after approval. Everyone involved stated Breo was a harder sell than Anoro. I expect it's a situation where everyone expects approval.

        complete speculation:
        Regarding the split. At first I assumed it was a bargaining tactic. Then I became convinced that it was going to happen. But then they started saying it would happen around the end of the year / early next year and we still haven't gotten the meaty details of the actual mechanics of it. And it's well into mid December ... so now I'm starting to wonder if something else is going on.

        Sentiment: Hold

      • rosettawest Dec 17, 2013 1:04 PM Flag

        timothy - or anyone who has an opinion - what's your take on the "split into two companies" thing?
        For a while, I thought it was just a bargaining bluff...but what if it comes to fruition? Do you see it as having long term positive potential?
        I've always sold the pops on this stock, but I'm wondering if it might be time to hold after this one...assuming all goes well.

    • I added today. Like mattdoc mentioned, I think there's a good chance that Anoro approval could take us near the high of $42+.

      • 1 Reply to asp9119
      • rosettawest Dec 13, 2013 4:44 PM Flag

        We're thinking alike here with the bump to 42, although I think 43 is possible.
        I have two concerns: first, the cardiac issue, which they really belabored at the adcom. But I went over those documents several times, and although I'm not a doctor, I came to the conclusion that the adcom panel was made up of drama queens. It didn't seem like that big of an issue, especially when you consider how bad COPD can get.
        Second: isn't the Fed having some meeting December 17-18 where (once again) the taper issue will be debated? Hopefully nothing too freaky comes out of that and rains on our parade. But maybe that would just delay the bump.
        Anyway - just being honest with my thought process here. I added twice this week, so obviously I'm hopeful. Good Luck to everyone.

    • Been with thrx since before breo... sitting with 3.5K shares and wish I could buy more...I am hoping for approval and thern GSK buyout...pps after anoro approved at least to what it was after Elan royalty payment...$42pps

      Sentiment: Buy

0.00(0.00%)Jan 8 4:00 PMEST