Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

AT&T, Inc. Message Board

  • echo2165 echo2165 May 31, 2013 10:24 PM Flag

    After Hours Quotes...

     

    ...“Cities force growth and make people talkative and entertaining; but they also make them artificial.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

    “Education is a companion which no misfortune can depress, no crime can destroy, no enemy can alienate, no despotism can enslave. At home, a friend, abroad, an introduction, in solitude a solace and in society an ornament. It chastens vice, it guides virtue, it gives at once grace and government to genius. Without it, what is man? A splendid slave, a reasoning savage.” - Joseph Addison

    "A new international poll finds the least popular country in the world is Iran. After hearing this, North Korea said, 'What do we have to do’?” - Conan O'Brien

    “Science may set limits to knowledge, but should not set limits to imagination.” - Bertrand Russell

    “There are three things you can do in a baseball game. You can win, or you can lose, or it can rain.” – Casey Stengel

    "President Obama is in a lot of hot water lately. Despite the scandals, 53 percent of Americans say they approve of the job he's doing. The other 47 percent are being audited." - Conan O'Brien

    “A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that ‘individuality’ is the key to success.” – Robert Orben

    “Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.” – James Thurber

    "During a Senate hearing yesterday, Senator John McCain said it was too hard to always have to update apps on his iPhone. No one has the heart to tell him the device he was holding was a garage door opener." - Conan O'Brien

    “The scale, properly speaking, does not permit the measure of the intelligence, because intellectual qualities are not superposable, and therefore cannot be measured as linear surfaces are measured.” – Alfred Binet

    This topic is deleted.
    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
 
T
42.835-0.275(-0.64%)3:04 PMEDT