Romney's business experience entirely comprises of liquidating company's to foreign nations.
This outsourcing is a transfer of wealth from our country to another. It lowers the USA's GDP - never to recirculate or benefit the USA ever again, and in turn, the value of the dollar falls. That is the reason why your dollar today buys far less than what your dollar did 10-20 years ago. That is the reason why gas prices are up there. While market supplies and demand are one thing, the main reason fore in costs of goods is that the value of the dollar has fallen. It is fallen because of the exact business practices that Romney implements, effectively manipulating the value of everyone's dollar.
Outsourcing is one of the largest national security threats. All so board members can have more millions of dollars in bonuses at the expense of EVERYONE.
Obama Sees Middle Class Tax 1.7 Trillion Increase Victory - Read & Vote Obama if You Love It.
The Largest Tax Hike in US History has just been upheld by the Supreme Court of the United
States and President Obama sees this assault on the middle class as a victory.
The already unpopular 2010 health care reform law has been converted by the court into a $1.76 trillion tax increase funded by escalating taxes to be paid the vast majority of taxpayers. The high court’s ruling leaves in place 20 tax increases in the health-care law, of those, 12 tax hikes would affect families earning less than $250,000 per year, including a “Cadillac tax” on high-cost insurance plans, a tax on insurance providers, and an excise tax on medical device manufacturers. By formally converting ‘Obamacare’ into ‘Obamatax,’ the court allows Obama to raise taxes on the middle-class.
The decision is a distressing blow to taxpayers and represents the single largest tax increase on young people in the nation’s history. When it takes full effect, the Internal Revenue Service will have immense new power and authority to persecute and prosecute a whole new group of taxpayers.
If the law takes full effect, it will devastate small businesses and destroy any chance for a sustainable economic recovery. It will add trillions of dollars to the national debt and push the country toward bankruptcy even faster than current projections. Any individual who believes that this decision must be overturned must do everything possible to undo the damage that has been done, especially at the ballot box on November 6.
–Obamacare law contains 20 new or higher taxes on American families and small businesses–
WASHINGTON, DC – Obamacare contains 20 new or higher taxes on American families and small businesses. Arranged by their respective effective dates, below is the total list of all $500 billion-plus in tax hikes (over the next ten years) in Obamacare, where to find them in the bill, and how much your taxes are scheduled to go up as of today:
Taxes that took effect in 2010:
1. Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals (Min$/immediate): $50,000 per hospital if they fail to meet new “community health assessment needs,” “financial assistance,” and “billing and collection” rules set by HHS. Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,961-1,971
2. Codification of the “economic substance doctrine” (Tax hike of $4.5 billion). This provision allows the IRS to disallow completely-legal tax deductions and other legal tax-minimizing plans just because the IRS deems that the action lacks “substance” and is merely intended to reduce taxes owed. Bill: Reconciliation Act; Page: 108-113
3. “Black liquor” tax hike (Tax hike of $23.6 billion). This is a tax increase on a type of bio-fuel. Bill: Reconciliation Act; Page: 105
4. Tax on Innovator Drug Companies ($22.2 bil/Jan 2010): $2.3 billion annual tax on the industry imposed relative to share of sales made that year. Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,971-1,980
5. Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike ($0.4 bil/Jan 2010): The special tax deduction in current law for Blue Cross/Blue Shield companies would only be allowed if 85 percent or more of premium revenues are spent on clinical services. Bill: PPACA; Page: 2,004
6. Tax on Indoor Tanning Services ($2.7 billion/July 1, 2010): New 10 percent excise tax on Americans using indoor tanning salons. Bill: PPACA; Page: 2,397-2,399
7. Medicine Cabinet Tax ($5 bil/Jan 2011): Americans no longer able to use health savings account (HSA), flexible spending account (FSA), or health reimbursement (HRA) pre-tax dollars to purchase non- prescription, over-the-counter medicines (except insulin). Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,957-1,959
8. HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike ($1.4 bil/Jan 2011): Increases additional tax on non-medical early withdrawals from an HSA from 10 to 20 percent, disadvantaging them relative to IRAs and other tax- advantaged accounts, which remain at 10 percent. Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,959
Tax that took effect in 2012
9. Employer Reporting of Insurance on W-2 (Min$/Jan 2012): Preamble to taxing health benefits on individual tax returns. Bill: PPACA; Page: 1,957
Taxes that take effect in 2013
10. Surtax on Investment Income ($123 billion/Jan. 2013): Creation of a new, 3.8 percent surtax on investment income earned in households making at least $250,000 ($200,000 single). This would result in the following top tax rates on investment income: Bill: Reconciliation Act; Page: 87-93
Capital Gains Dividends Other*
2012 15% 15% 35%
2013+ 23.8% 43.4% 43.4%
Businesses will fail if they don't have any CUSTOMERS. If the masses have the income to spend, it will eventually end up in the hands of businesses. If the CONSUMER fails, then the society is dragged down (as evidenced by the near catastrophic economic meltdown).
Many businesses fail because they don't focus on their customers needs (or wants). When their focus is only on making as much money as they can (short term thinking), they eventually fail due to their own shortcomings.
The economy works the best for everyone when based on the "trickle UP" strategy.
Nonsense. Wealth is created by hard work, inunovation and risktaking. Redistribution is a zero sum game. Not one society in history has prospered by shifting wealth from the makers to the takers, and the takers in our society have unfortunately become obscenely greedy. As they used to say in the Soviet Union, "Everyone here is equal, equally poor."