Ohhhhh I don't swing that way but thanks...lol
Brianna - NO $2. I wish. I'm not even sure I'm even holding for announcement. You're either going to make a lot Thursday or lose a lot (if not approved). That's how I see it. Not much in between on this.
escapegrl1 if you want lobster I know a great place that has great food and a very nice atmoshere. We can go eat, drink, dance and who knows what will happen after that. Think about it.
That was crazy action on ARNA... I have been watching that stock over the past few days but thought I missed the boat. I am seriously considering getting in, but am not sure where a good entry point is before the 27th.
Just curious were you one of the ones who got in at 2 range?
Seems you know ARNA very well. Supposedly there is a lot of government pressure to approve an obesity drug so that might help motivate the FDA in getting it get approved too. A decade witout any new obesity drugs to market and being the safest of the 3 are very compelling also. I'm just debating if I should hold through PDUFA. Don't have any puts so it's a huge risk if not approved.
Glad to hear you got back in to ARNA. Remember ARNA is heavily shorted and up 700% from just a few months ago. So a well orchestrated bear raid that only brings ARNA down 15% isn't too concerning to me. A timely SA article and a release of old but bearish comments from the May 10th FDA Advisory Committee(AC) members was followed by tens of millions of shares dumped. Max drop in share price was about 30% at the trough, harvesting stop-loss orders like yours. For its part, the FDA staff was actually very complimentary towards ARNA with many benign, even quite laudatory comments toward ARNA's drug Lorcaserin at both the AC and in their briefing documents.
The AC members did in fact make some bearish comments about Lorcaserin but also showed a dearth of understanding of the issues compared to the FDA staff yet still voted for approval essentially 19-3. And it is the FDA that will be making the decision. Lorcaserin is a great drug for obesity and what amounts to both an unmet medical need and a simply gargantuous market. Decision date(PDUFA) deadline is next wednesday but i'm guessing one day early-Tuesday. Obesity drugs are complicated from a regulatory perspective however so a delay is also a good possibility. But that didn't hurt Vivus too much when they got their delay.