<<I don't see how GCFB can get to the end of 2008 without any fundraising/dilution. I don't expect much more info on this in the coming earnings report except the usual 'we are examining our options.'>>
From the information available currently, I agree that it is unlikely they can do it unless they don't plan on opening any stores in 2008. If they take a pause or only add a couple of units within the cluster, it makes the cash situation much better. They've got enough units that a couple of percent difference in SSS can really have an effect on cash flow.
My take would be that they would really like to get their feet under them after the 4-6-8. They couldn't delay the implementation of it because the business model needs that many stores to profitably support the infrastructure. I remember talking with a couple of board members last year at the meeting about a couple of chains which grew too fast and really got into trouble.
Hopefully at the meeting next week we'll hear something about 2008 openings. With Q3 results, things should be more clear.
I agree, sentiment is critical, especially in a growth company.
I don't see how GCFB can get to the end of 2008 without any fundraising/dilution. I don't expect much more info on this in the coming earnings report except the usual 'we are examining our options.'
Your comments on KONA are mostly accurate. But there is a big confounding variable which is the IPO of late last year. The selloff after the ipo may have been more related to the particular situation of those who owned the shares after the ipo and less with the actual sentiment toward KONA. Also, since the IPO they will have increased stores by 100% (by the end of this year.)
Nothing I can see. 30 cent swings over a few weeks have traditionally been the norm. Sold some shares this morning @4.35 which are in a non-taxable account. I'll be back in around $4.00. I've decided if the market makers can play games with this stock, so can I. Besides, it gives me something to do while I wait for 2008.
That's interesting Honda, I have thought about doing the same thing since it seems to go up .30 or .40 cents then back down. Then you are betting on it going back down and it sucks for taxes but other than that might as well. Does anyone know roughly when they are planning on moving into Ill.?