when it comes to "command", doesn't the potus have the power to COMMAND both houses to return to washington and resolve the problem before 1/1/2012? especially if this "problem" is as big a problem as they make it out to be?
NOOOOO, he's as quick to run to hawaii as the other pols to run back to their districts.
No, Pebs, Hussein does not possess the command power of forcing Congress to resolve the problem.
Yes, he can call them back to Washington. Yes, they may choose to come to Washington. But if the Party of NO is determined to take their newest strategy to its conclusion, nobody can command otherwise. Calling Congress back, therefore, is futile.
In case you are not atuned to the new Government of the Plutocracy party plan, this is what they will do:
1. Not come up with a workable compromise that may simply kick the can down the road.
2. Push US over the fiscal cliff.
3. Re-elect Johnny #$%$ as Speaker on 1/3/2013.
4. Offer a new piece of legislation billed as a TAX CUT (because taxes will have gone up on New Year's Day) to a doubting public.
5. Keep to the Grover Norquist tax pledge.
6. Take the next Congress into continuing gridlock.
Hussein simply outsmarted Pauli, Karl Rove, and that whole gang of ideological Bill Really warriors. All IMHO.