Nice move today, but market was up over 300. Seems like rumors of a sale and FDA approval were just that--rumors. Until there is an actual catalyst, I'm afraid GIVN will be stuck in a narrow trading range and won't move up very much. My patience is wearing thin.
The sale of Given was not a rumor. The company issued a PR stating that they got 3 non binding offers.
Based on Israeli based newspaper reports, Fuji offered $750M for Given, or around $24 per share.
Other reports claimed that Dankner won't sell under 1B... Crazy valuation for a company with annual sales of 185M and virtually no growth.
I guess the buyer and seller could not agree on the price and the deal is postponed at best.
FDA approval won't happen before Q4 2013.
You can sell and move on or stick around.
In any case, we will miss you....
Hi, Gunner. Thanks for the info. Hard to understand why Dankner didn't jump at Fuji's offer, but maybe he knows something we don't know (or is just suffering from delusions of grandeur). I'm a long-term investor, so I guess I'll just wait until Q4 2013 and see if the FDA finally does give approval.