% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Alliancebernstein Income Fund Message Board

  • bare4 bare4 Apr 5, 2006 11:58 AM Flag

    Technical Question

    If there was only one indicator that you could use to get a buy signal what would it be? On either a line chart or P&F chart? Something like a MACD crossover, New high on big volumn, Triple top breakout, etc.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • "stocks in a new adx uptrend" as reported by stockcharts is some sort of a computer thingy they put together. how much of an up trend does it take to make the bell ring?

      the problem with a lot of these canned computer things is they work in a big bull, uptrending market. back in '99, you'd look to see what just put in a 52 week high and buy it, it was on a roll.
      now, here in '06, we got a trading range market(sideways by your guess is as good as mine) and momentum trading doesn't work. the 52 week high is a signal for going to cash or going short.

      if your into scans and screening, go over to business week, click on investing, click on stocks, look in the left margin for stock screener, then go to the advanced screener---lots of TA and FA choices to make, with the results of a screen is a handy backtest chart--see how your choices work. start simple, 1 or 2 choices, then fine tune.

      good luck.

    • Wilder's DMI--daily

7.910.00(0.00%)Apr 18 4:02 PMEDT