Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

HP Inc. Message Board

  • billyliar66 billyliar66 Feb 21, 2013 4:28 PM Flag

    Gun Liability Insurance: Half Dozen States Exploring!

     

    Lawmakers in at least half a dozen states, including California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York and Pennsylvania, have proposed legislation this year that would require gun owners to buy liability insurance — much as car owners are required to buy auto insurance. Doing so would give a financial incentive for safe behavior, they hope, as people with less dangerous weapons or safety locks could qualify for lower rates.
    ------
    Another group:
    -------------
    The United States Concealed Carry Association recently began selling what it calls “Self-Defense Shield.” “If you’re forced to justifiably use your gun in self-defense,” its Web site says, “Self-Defense SHIELD will help pay for your expert pro-2nd Amendment lawyer by reimbursing your legal-defense expenses following your acquittal − an ingenious system critical to the arsenal of any responsibly armed citizen.”
    ----------
    An Idea whose time has come!

    This topic is deleted.
    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • If you want to save way more lives, liability insurance should be mandatory before you can buy alcohol. That would cover a problem more than 100 times larger. However, driving a car was ruled as a "privelige" in court, so that's why government can require insurance. Gun are a different category, they are a "right" and you won't be able to mandate insurance. IMHO, it would also be wrong to have the over 99% of good gun owners (100M) to have to pay for something they don't need and wouldn't help anybody. The problems are caused by a very few people. You don't punish the over 99% for the actions of a few.

    • And this stops crazy people how? It's too bad you are incapable of rational thought. I'm certain the concept of insurance would have stopped all the recent crazies who went on shooting sprees. Too bad you are as crazy as them....

    • It was determined in the courts that driving a car is a priviledge, so they can force you to buy liability insurance. Keeping and Bearing arms is a "right". You cannot be forced to buy insurance. This idea won't hold up in courts even if it got that far. Also, all the people who cause nearly all the gun deaths (75% black urban gangs and the other 25% by other bad guys) won't buy the insurance anyway so it wouldn't help anybody. Dumb idea.

    • i should clarify......big new idea for big business and more importantly, states to create a new revenue stream ....typical big business and big government idea....

    • As long as That One pays for it out of all the money he's already embezzled from taxpayers! I mean, Obamacare SHOULD cover it; after all, it IS medical insurance.

      ;-)

    • big *new* idea for big business .....nothing more...

    • Those are the Libtard states on your list. The bad guys that do harm with guns won't buy the insurance and they cause over 99% of any gun liabilities. Stupid idea.

 
HPQ
15.09Sep 23 4:05 PMEDT