I am sure, that Ebay's Milo hurts an important patent of Local Corp
1. A computer-implemented method for providing online local shopping information to a user with a web browser who is interested in purchasing a product at a brick and mortarretailer, comprising: at an online localization service having a database including geocodes for a plurality of retailer addresses, receiving a universal resource locator from the web browser that contains a plurality of search parameters, wherein thesearch parameters include a search origin that indicates a geographic location and a product name for a product; at the localization service, using the search origin and the product name to generate a web page containing a list of retailers in thevicinity of the search origin that carry the product; and consulting a plurality of geocoding services over the internet to determine whether the geocodes are accurate with the localization service.
2. The method defined in claim 1 further comprising ordering the retailers on the web page according to their distance from the search origin.
3. The method defined in claim 1 further comprising: with an advertisement server, providing a targeted advertisement for the web page.
4. The method defined in claim 1 further comprising: with an advertisement server, receiving at least the product name and the search origin; and applying targeted advertisement display criteria to at least the product name and the searchorigin to determine which targeted advertisement to display on the web page.
5. The method defined in claim 1 wherein the localization service comprises a database containing promotional pricing information, the method further comprising: displaying product prices on the web page, wherein the product prices reflectpromotional pricing adjustments from the promotional pricing information.