just a wild idea but why not start a foundation and purchase land if you never want the timber cut? That way it wont ever change until an epic fire runs through it within the next 50 years. Then at least you can say you tried.
They will replant...in 7 years people wont notice.
Then identify ALL the land in the US that is 'old growth', meaning NEVER, EVER been logged (about 1% or less). We will protect it FOREVER. If, and only if you get off our back about logging the other 99%.