Attn Management: spen over $7 mils on advertisement?
give me $2mils and I will put posters all over those pharmacy stores, oraquick will sell faster than water on a desert. Plaster Magic Johnson's face all over Walgreen and CVS; it's cheap and get to the direct audience.
1) Oraquick HIV/OTC produced only $1.4 million in net revenues for the $6.9M spent on marketing.
2) news media coverage has evaporated, so the "newness factor" is gone.
3) Magic Johnson was nowhere to be found this quarter, not that he could help sales.
4) summer is here and college classes out, so a key market demographic is unavailable to buy.
5) CEMI will get CLIA waiver later this year and start undercutting OSUR in professional market.
6) same earnings game yet again next quarter (guide lower to collect bonus)
7) with this "failure" it's hard to convince investors that HCV product will be any different.