I was considering that too, but I think I rather wait until the beginning on next year to lock in my profits. Yes, I will have to pay a capital gains at a higher rate, but it will also give me an extra year to reinvest that cash that would otherwise have to go to pay taxes, I think or hope I can make up the lost tax benefit by reinvesting that money. While you have a good conservative strategy, I usually prefer to hold off paying taxes as long as possible. Either way, don't let the tax consequences decide your trading decision.
I've thought about that but paying almost double the tax rate (from 15% to 30%) just does'nt sit well. Even if the new rate only goes to 25% why try to make up the 10% loss and earn 10% more on top of that rather than make 20% next year?