% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fu Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • axzl axzl Feb 10, 2000 12:46 AM Flag

    Dividend cut?

    "By paying out of principal it's turning after
    tax money into taxable dividends", I don't believe
    that is correct. It is called "return of capital" and
    is listed as such on Schedule D of your 1040 tax
    form as such. Return of capital lowers your cost basis
    that you paid for the stock. On Schedule B you list
    the actual dividend you received not including the
    return of capital.

    Hope this helps.

4.94-0.030(-0.60%)Oct 24 4:01 PMEDT