To all shorts and anti-boeing folks, you'll be fried in a matter of days here maybe 2 weeks at most once the final clearance is given for the 787. I think that is the only think holding us back from take off-literally. I think the markets have or rather are pricing in uncertainty as there is a considerable short position on BA, but I am certain that the battery issue and the ETOPS will be a go and revenue will be coming in without penalty compensation for lost days without the 787.
It's a matter of time but with all the shorts out there, I figured I'd voice my opinion before the turnaround happens to apply conviction to my recommendation here.
You are correct in the risk but the clearance should be a final clearance. There is too much for Boeing to risk after the 787 issue to not pass. Extensive revenues at stake and Boeing has likely made sure they will be okay with the FAA.
The volume has been dropping each day. Today is about half the average volume. The squeeze should start by Friday or Monday, The last 787 flight was delayed only two days and was to check the modifications to the electronics bay equipment and not to check battery related functions. More 747's and 777's are taking first flights. Revenue for the last quarter should be on or over target. Not sure if the will see any 787 delay costs yet. Have to wait till the 24th to find out.
On the Boeing site, the deliveries taken this year look good as the last column with 0 for 787's I look forward to filling up. Do you know how many 787's are ready but just need to take delivery? Also the cost per 787?