For the past 2 years they've tracked insync.
For the past year, TLWT pulled ahead.
For the past 6 months, NTLI is up about 19%.
TLWT is up about 48%.
>>>>Is it a size matters thing in which once you've got the bulk of the ownership, to heck with the rest of them?<<<<
Your question was also on my mind. Don't know if there are any rules to force a equal payout to all shares. Hopefully the TIMHY holders will not end being orphans. Stranger things have happened.
I got my currencies crossed. Ireland is supposed to make 28 million pounds, not euros. The rumored price 300 million euros. I think 300 million euros equals aobut 210 million pounds which gets us a multiple more like 7.5 times for Ireland. that seems much more likley given the system is not upgraded. Still 2 multiple points on 28 million pounds is over a buck a share.
If I got the currencies worng again, please feel free to correct.
Fed...this stock is being pushed up on good volume for a reason. I'm just trying to figure out why. Any reason you know of?
Earnings next week but as one poster already mentioned they are not supposed to be spectacular.
Finally, a nice up day on heavy volume. There has been lots of Street chatter about weak numbers i tnhe quarter but i suspect that is a widely held view so unless the numbers and the outlook are really poor it is probably inthe stock.
Ireland news is excellent. Looking like 300 million euros according to the press. That is over 10 times likely Ireland EBITDA in 2005 or 4.5 multiple points higher than NTLI trades. Worth a couple of bucks per NTLI share.
Share repurchase should kick in after earnings. I'm still in favor of a tender at a premium, say $75.
TLWT down today. Another fear is that NTLI will pay a premium to TLWT thereby trasnferring some of the merger value to TLWT. I don't expect that to happen given the overlapping shareholder bases but better to see NTLI regains some ground vs. TLWT. BTW, the mutliples of cash flow on the two stocks are about even which is how you should loof at the deal. Don't compare past prie performance.
I was going to post a dumb question, but I think I'll just thank you for the info.
My question related to my apprehension about only owning on-side of the meger, NTLI, and not hedging with TWLT. But I think I'll let the market teach me the lesson.
<<My question related to my apprehension about only owning on-side of the meger, NTLI, and not hedging with TWLT.>>
I asked that same "dumb" question several months ago and decided it didn't make much difference. So far I'm wrong, but the only way we'll know for sure is when the actual merger takes place. It probably wouldn't hurt to have equal dollars of both stocks, but as kart would say, WTFDIK?