Answering the sane and the assorted morons regarding Roche's papsmear replacement. Keeps getting better for GTHP
Guided actually had someone apparently attend the event since there is always curiosity among companies about competing or similar niche products.
Luviva has two uses.
- Currently we test women with positive Pap smear results to determine which of those positives are actually false positives. Those false positive women do not need to undergo colposcopy and biopsy.
- The same is true for women who would be screened by Roche's HPV test. In fact, HPV testing results in a larger number of false positives, so there will be a greater need for our product.
- This use for our product is in countries that have no Pap testing and no laboratory infrastructure.
- Lab infrastructure will also be necessary for the Roche HPV result.
- Our product requires no lab, gives an immediate result, requires no biopsy and has screening performance very similar to the Roche HPV test and superior to the Pap smear.
Overall, we welcome the HPV screening because it will increase the need for our product for the Triage use. In developing countries, where our product is being evaluated for screening, we don't see HPV testing as being a viable option.
gmeabrk is the "misguided" moron here. The fool thinks GHTP Luviva is a star. The problem is that FDA kicks them in the nuts repeatedly. They just cannot execute and fumbled for over 4 years now. someone should kick his nuts. Now the FDA has approved/recommended a competeing Roche test fool.