To the contrary I think there are likely to be sales like they did last time. As to the timing note that this is a Q 3 event. Correct me if I am wrong but the information on the sales will not need to be disclosed until the Q3 earning report during Q4. I think there will be some sales over the next few weeks.
This ATM seems to allow the company to hedge the AA decision by raising some cash now and the rest at either a higher or lower price depending on the decision. Don't like it but it is not a faciallly bad strategy since they will need the funds anyway you look at it.