I agree with you on all of these, and honestly can't believe people would dump on this news. I was on the CC and it was very positive. One IPO or sale of a portfolio company is all it will take to drive this stock past $1.00.
ICGE is today in BEST SHAPE than ever because
1) Lowest Debt since inception
2) Ventures becoming self sufficient meaning ICGE doesn't have to chip in much money. As seen from last qtr, ICGE only had to give $3 mln between all its 30+ ventures
3) Ventures becoming PROFITABLE
4) IPO market heating up brightening prospects for Blackboard, LinkShare, ICG Commerce, eCredit and other maturing ventures
5) Economy improving
6) Improving stock markets
7) Mergers & Acquisitions heating up which means ICGE will be able to make $$$$$$$$$ from selling stakes in some of its ventures.
"During the three months ended December 31, 2002, two of the Company's consolidated Partner Companies, Delphion and Logistics, disposed of substantially all of their assets. Accordingly, the operating results of these two discontinued operations have been presented separately from continuing operations."
Yes better shape than before. Two less companies sucking them dry.