% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Message Board

  • wanna_million wanna_million Mar 19, 2013 2:41 PM Flag

    Did anyone pick up some trading shares on that dip?

    I did. Might as well scalp some shares to churn while I wait for the long term growth target. GLTA

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • yes many many many. Thanks to cnbc and its fool commentator. whats his name anyway. Probably the worst call I have ever seen made. Short lgf my word what a dope.

    • Good for you wanna. I was away most of the morning and missed a trade opportunity. Like you, my core position is frozen until whenever a buyout occurs, but there's nothing wrong with trading on the side. Having nearly doubled my money in the last 12 months, I'm being very patient.

      I sure hope you're right about the $50+ price tag. That would do wonders for my IRAs!

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • 1 Reply to lagunadan92677
      • Laguna..that is my thinking, too.

        Let's hope the climate for content demand does not slow up. I expect things to heat up for content business in June when Newscorp unlocks the value of its movie business via a spinoff. We already saw what the market thinks of STRZA and AMCX, very recent content businesses trading on the market. STRZA was spun off in January this year and is now trading up 43% in a couple months. AMCX is up 44% over the past year. The current climate bodes well for a premium valuation for LGF and I will not part with my long term shares as long as there are supporting indications in the global market that content (all content, not just A-list) is valuable and the price continues to appreciate.

    • I am hoping it pulls back even more to get some shares. I have been in and out of LGF but the run up has been crazy. The overall market is scary right now so I might wait a little.

      • 1 Reply to premotix
      • I am not even thinking about letting go of my long term shares until LGF gets acquired. I definitely don't want to sell out because the price seems ahead of itself and then miss out on the buyout price. My analysis supports a buyout price of $50+ so I guess I will be holding a long time from this point. In the meantime, I buy and sell trading shares on dips like this, just so that I record some profits along the way. If I get temporarily stuck with some shares, I don't mind as I feel secure in the long term trajectory of the business.

20.16-0.11(-0.54%)Jul 27 4:02 PMEDT