Another person posted that they could not find a single accomplishment of President Obama during his time in office. I'm posting this to educate those who are ignorant of the accomplishments of President Obama. There are over 244 significant accomplishments of President Obama, a major victory for the American people. Here are the first 50 of them:
1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending
2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices
3. Instituted enforcements for equal pay for women
4. Ended the combat role for US troops from Iraq
5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover A.F.B.
6. Ended media "blackout" on war casualties; reporting full information
7. Ended media "blackout" on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover A.F.B.; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier's family
8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act
9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible
10. Limits on lobbyists' access to the White House
11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration
12. Ended the previous "stop-loss" policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date
13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren't even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan
14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research
15. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
16. New federal funding for science and research labs
17. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards
18. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants...) after years of neglect
19. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools
20. New funds for school construction
21. The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out
22. US Auto industry rescue plan
23. Housing rescue plan
24. $789 billion economic stimulus plan
25. The public can meet with federal housing insurers to refinance (the new plan can be completed in one day) a mortgage if they are having trouble paying
26. US financial and banking rescue plan
27. The "secret detention" facilities in Eastern Europe and elsewhere are being closed
28. Ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards
29. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops
30. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010
31. Restarted the nuclear non-proliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols
32. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic
33. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions
34. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office
35. Successful release of US captain held by Somali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job
36. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast
37. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles
38. "Cash for clunkers" program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulates auto sales
39. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government
Bush only had a few small accomplishments like he's an American patriot and he was born in the United States, he never forged his birth certificate and when you run Bush's social security number through E-verify it doesn't come back as "likely to be fraudulent". When islamic terrorists attacked on 9-11 Bush responded immediately. As a result Iraq has no military to speak of. Prior to that time Iraq was the only country in the middle east that was big enough to try and challenge the U.S. As a result of Bush's actions Sadaam Hussein and both of his murdering rapist sons are dead along with all of Sadaam's top aids and generals, al quaeda is severely hobbled and we got Bin Laden. some mistakenly think that obama got osama but that would be the reasoning of the childish left. It was the steadfast unrelenting hunt by Bush that ultimately got bin laden. obama, the dolt, just happened to be the president at the time. Bush did all the heavy lifting. Bush also kept uemployment at about 5 1/2% and didn't cause the first ever downgrade of US debt. Bush also was handed a $137 billion budget deficit from clinton when he walked into the WH on day one, but he didn't spend 2 years blaming everything on the previous administration. Other than those small things, Bush didn't do much. Bush also put that islamic filth in Guantanamo where they belong.
You wrot, "Every other Federal government agency is run worse than the US Postal "Service"."
Well, that would be a very time consuming project to verify.
Charley, you are just spouting the usual half baked negative nonsense that we have come to expect from the mindless Tea Party Fringe Right.
Just more lies, more boring nonsense.
By the way, you decided to reuse your old ID? We hadn't seen it since January. Same IP address though. We know who you are.
You have got to be kidding me.
All this turkey has done is DESTROY the US dollar and drive gold to new highs. President's job #1 should be to PRESERVE the value of the dollars we all have worked so hard to earn and save. Obama and Bernanke are total 100% FAILURES.
Thank GOD I had the foresight to put most of my assets in gold many years ago.
What this country needs is the instant DEMISE of ALL entitlement programs - that includes UNEMPLOYMENT, FOOD STAMPS, DISABILITY, SECTION 8, WELFARE, SOCIAL (IN)SECURITY etc. New rule: if you don't work, you don't eat. Watch how fast we go back to 100% employment.
Well, thank you for your honesty in stating so clearly you wish to destroy the Middle Class so that you can benefit from your gold even more. You wish to eliminate "ALL entitlement programs - that includes UNEMPLOYMENT, FOOD STAMPS, DISABILITY, SECTION 8, WELFARE, SOCIAL (IN)SECURITY".
Wow! That's all I can say. You represent the true values of the Tea Party radicals who are waging a war on the Middle Class just so they can get rich quick.
Sorry, but you don't seem to have a good grasp of reality. You forget that most people are not perfect like you. Your compassion and caring has the smirk of a self centered egotist. Go get your pat on the back from your gold clad God.
On the debt thingy, when Bush took office, total fed public debt was $5.7 trillion. When he left office it was $10.8 trillion. It is now $14.9 trillion - an increase of 32% since Obama took office. Source: Federal Reserve board.
The real macro issue here is not debt or taxes. It's gov't spending which has ballooned to 26% of GDP. Gov't is inherently inefficient and wasteful, which is what happens people spend other people's money. Until the gov't wrings out all the waste and pork taxes should not be raised. When that occurs, all filers taxes should be raised, including those that pay no taxes now.
The liberal mantra is the wealthy should pay their fair share. But what is much more inimical to a viable democracy is when 1/2 the filers pay no taxes at all. Their only interest in the gov't is to elect people who will prevent them from being taxed.
More untruths from someone who cannot support their claims with data and links. The taxes under Obama are the lowest since Truman. See: http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/robert-schlesinger/2011/02/08/under-obama-taxes-reach-lowest-level-since-truman
And your claim that Obama increased the national debt by 40% is flat out untrue. Unfortunately Obama was forced to add $1.4 trillion to save America from a depression. But that is not 40% more than the $7 trillion that Bush's policies added in the period of 2001 through 2008.
I realize you want low taxes. So does anyone. But you also want government services, as everyone does. And those cost money. So if you continue to demand cutting services to lower taxes you eventually reach a point that it will negatively impact even you. You have your opinions and I have mine, and we have to reach some middle ground because I am NOT going to give into all your your demands, just as I don't expect you to give in to all of mine. But I DO EXPECT you to give into some of mine. And right now we need to work on jobs.
I recommend reviewing Obama's plan and see what you can support. It better be more than nothing otherwise you simply paint yourself as a fanatic who cannot compromise.
hoo-hoo....I wouldn't get into an englishpissing contest with flippant!!
You know good & well joek has called lots who don't use those epithets 'racists'.
you may disagree with those who disagree with Obama, but you have no more right to pull the race card than they would have to use those epithets.