I've broke-even friday at 7.2, after a disappointing 18 months in this one (run to 15, never sold and down to 5sh).
I sold half friday, just to feel more comfortable.
- the Adcom is needed because it's a first time for that indication... no matter what
- Anchor seems to be a slam dunk
- insiders are NOT selling since almost 1 year
Too much doubts in my mind:
- scripts followed an interesting pattern, but disappointing this last week, which was full week
- I waited 3 months a rally before Anchor, and we're there... no rally yet
- not a stu.pid Sec form by the company since august
- some (insiders) purchase would be appreciated, as we are there at the Anchor
- debt charade on US like last time...... or are they willing to do kara-kiri this time?
Basically, I think this is a crucial Adcom. Not because the Company would not survive if it goes bad..... the reason is that diluition (funds are needed if the Company goes on alone, with or without Anchor) will hit huuuge.
And definetely, I think - in long term - with or withour Anchor, this company must be SOLD.
You're doing pretty good -- from $15 averaged down to $7.2. However, I have a raising doubt about your timing of selling one half for comfort. Before current recovery, there was a "pre AdCom run down" (from $7.4 to $6.1) by FUD between Sep 9 and Sep 23. Today we just get a #$%$ll recovery. We may have a pre AdCom rally now or no rally at all -- FUD FUD FUD, are #$%$
no, I bought in the 7.... run to 15... never sold (only traded some)...... down to 5... added some and back to 7.
Now you understand why I decided to reduce.... just to feel more comfortable. But don't worry... as I reduced, the stock should rally... eheheh.... take it easy.
I'm here.... I'm more comfortable.
If it goes down - for any reasons - very low, I won't buy back my half.
If it goes up very strong before Adcom I can only be happy and I won't sell a single share.
This stock tanked in every possible way.... now, after a decrease in scripts...... it's going up.
One thing we must agree...... things are getting weird and weird.... which could mean anything: from either awful news from Adcom or Buyout under the corner.
Investing is governed by greed and fear. Nowhere more so than biotech that brings out the most of both qualities. Only you can decide your risk tolerance, and I think you are smart to reduce your exposure in a single speculative stock to a level you can live with regardless of the outcome.
As for me, while I would like a faster realisation of Amarin's potential, I believe that the company's prospects will eventually be realised on a longer time horizon if necessary. While I would be disappointed in an Anchor delay, I would still be willing to hold long-term and possibly add to the position I am currently comfortable with in such a scenario.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Dad: Thats what makes this Adcomm so important. its why i will take a little profit before the meeting and settle in with what I can swallow if ANCHOR gets somehow delayed. if i lose a little because I didn;t hold it all held, then so be it. it was my decision and will have to accept throwing some money away by selling some in advance.
Yea a delay in ANCHOR settle this into quite a period of underacheivement in the PPS!
its the risk ya take with the FDA!
Good luck to us on this no matter who holds how much!