Does KGC ahve non recourse loans/derivative exposure ?
Company is hedged on 900,000 oz of kupol production through 2012 at 625, about 10% of total production. This guarantees and covers the cost of building the mine, while leaving over 90% of Co production unhedged. Info is in Q2 report. All other loans are recourse.
Good question. Policy makers are running out of rabbits to pull out of hats. The derivatives in the system is what someone on the Cameco msg board brought up about banks collapsing because of them so I am researching the matter. I just bougth KGC today and am hoping that someone will answer the new question of the day. I think metals and energy stocks will be able to buffer derivitives fairly well if they do have limited exposure. Former press releases may give some indication of the possiblility of existances as may SEC filings be indicative in the matter, but lets stay with it until we find out. URZ is a near term energy producer and I bought some of that too. Oil prices will put pressure on both stocks and falling dollar will pressure energy as well as gold.