Any speculation or info as to how this strike may effect share price and future dividend ? I was thinking about buy until I read about this possible strike. Now I'm not sure if I should wait or buy now. Intelligent answers will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Hmmm ..... might I suggest you wait to see what happens to the market in the next couple of months.
I own a ton of SCCO but I've never had the desire to buy-in at a 52 week high. IMHO there will be a lot of "bumps in the road" in the next couple of months, most unrelated to SCCO, that will likely present a better buying opportunity for those seeking to add SCCO to their portfolio.
Also keep in mind that SCCO's dividend varies significantly ...... its generally good and sometimes great but its not a "sure thing".
Thanks Roglutherr and all that replied. I think I will take your advice and watch it for a few months. I'm after div stocks since I am retired and have to liive off of my investments, and can't afford to make too many mistakes.
Thanks, but since I am retired, I was thinking more of the div than growth. I didn't want to buy at the current price just to have it take a big dip. I'm trying to be careful about my purchases this year since I like to keep shares a while.