Five Shocking Predictions ... We don't make this stuff up!!!!
Because they are in the RICK Company Press Release:
1. Judge said that parent company is not liable. (He didn't say that; he just didn't grant Summary Judgment on it, which is almost never granted on the issue in the Second Circuit.)
2. Ruling that dancers are employees will be overturned on appeal. (Judge said courts around the US overwhelming say exotic dancers are employees; SJ is hard to overturn.)
3. Tips count as wages. (Judge already ruled they are not wages because other courts have said they can't be because employer doesn't pay or report them; again, SJ is hard to overturn.)
4. Class will be decertified. (Wal-Mart case was different; so many stores with different managers that might vary the facts - here it's a common issue with just one club, one manager; only the damages are different.)
5. Dancers will be "unjustly enriched." (No, RICK's motion denied and SJ granted to the dancers; SJ is hard to overturn.)
Fact: NY lawsuit is a serious problem. Bull case is that Peregrine will go bust and parent will survive .. boy, that's really encouraging!!! And even that result is in jeopardy, since a jury could very well rule that parent is liable!