Coal will be alive and well because of so many reasons.
- With rising in natural gas price, US utilities quickly switched back to coal.
- China's coal imports rose 30% through March.
- India's coal imports rose 25% in the first quarter allowing it to surpass Japan as the second largest thermal coal importer.
- Japan has 3.6 gigawatts of coal-fueled generation forecast to come on line in the second half of the year.
- Germany's coal generation soared 16% in the first quarter. The country plans to add 4 gigawatts of coal generation in 2013, the largest increase in over 20 years.
- Global seaborne thermal demand is expected to rise approximately 50M tons in 2013 as 75 gigawatts of new coal generation are scheduled to come on line.
- Within five years, over 450 gigawatts of new coal generation are projected to come on line, representing 1.4B tons of annual consumption.
- Growing steel requirements to drive a 200 million ton increase in global metallurgical coal demand by 2017.
Let the earth hires idiot obummer and his hireling kingonlyforadayortwo, george_bush_is_a_loser...to do something so-called clean energy... and think natural gas shall substitute to coal. LOL
Coal will prevail and longs will be prosperous.