I recalled BX cuts the dividend because they think they can do better with the $$,now they are raising dividend,does that mean either they cant find enough attractive investments or they are throwing off ample free cash? Favorable article in yesterday WSJ on Bx
1. Bx dividend policy is unchanged. They will pay out $.10 per share for the first three fiscal quarters of their year, and an adjusting dividend to reflect net profits, or whatever, for the final quarter of the year--payable at the end of the first quarter of their next year.
2. I'm not going to bother to check, but my memory tells me that the $.22 dividend for the last quarter of 2011 (payable 3/30) is about a dime lower than last year.
3. As I write, BX has already climbed back to $16.40, and stands a good chance of closing north because the conference call comments were very positive about 2012.
4. The company and the stock are very well positioned for 2012 and future years, although no one can predict the future.
5. Similarly, no one can predict this Sunday's game in particular--Patriots and Giants are the two toughest teams left standing. But I do like the Patriots chances--ewspecialy if they can get production out of Gronkowski.
Do the simple math. This is the 4th quarter. They already paid .10 each of the previous 3 quarters which adds up to .30. Now add .30 + this quarters dividend of .22 which comes out to .52 for this fiscal year. Now shut your mouth when YOU don't know what you're talking about.