% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Skullcandy, Inc. Message Board

  • rexobxip rexobxip Jan 1, 2013 11:55 AM Flag

    Broken Stock portends possibility of other problems

    Love the optimism, but I have to say, this stock is a bust. Too much negativity surrounding this company and its performance. It is hard to say if it is warranted, but I fear a self fulfilling prophecy. Too much technical chatter to explain bad performance. Inverted hammer? But the stock doesn't go up and you blame the broader market. Today the market soared late, and SKUL as always tanked. Maybe somebody knows something; maybe they're cooking the books; or maybe the company will perform long term and the stock will come back in a couple of years. I'm not selling, but I see no catalysts to justify buying at this time. There are a lot of better places to put money to work. Out of my 30+ holdings, this was the only stock that was down today. Waiting for a dead cat bounce, and then I will consider taking my losses. Good luck to the longs.

    Sentiment: Hold

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • I've been able to work myself out of a lot of bad positions by averaging down and playing the bounce....this stock is dead short term...6 mos min....I'm not selling, but looking for a glimpse of daylight to bolt

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • 1 Reply to arcticfax
      • Both you guys say you're not selling.....well then, I'm not buying. The bottom is not in until you guys and Michael sell. . :-(

        I'm not sure what to make of the last day of trading for 2012. Sure looks like a sign of weakness (SOW) on the right hand side of trading range. But they didn't let it take out the 7.70 low, hmmmm???? Could just be a spring, a test of supply, but I still don't like it.

        If I was holding like yous guys I would have sold just as soon as that SOW was recognized. I wouldn't have chanced it. I could always get back in later.....commissions are cheap these days guys! What are you thinking about? Preservation of capital is job one!

        This is not a buy unitl there is a sign of strength. Then it would be an aggressive buy. The conservative buy would be to wait for a retracement after the SOS.

        You need to ask yourself, would I buy it here if I didn't already own it? If the answer is no, then why are still holding it?

6.12+0.09(+1.49%)Jul 29 4:00 PMEDT