My analysis of ABT fundamentals seems on the money. I said earlier if anything went wrong or was preceived to go wrong ABT's high valuation would not hold. And that's exactly what's happening. I would not mind owning a big pharma, and ABT might be an attractive buy in the coming months. $45? $60 is out of the question.
As for the TA...it is a sell. See barchart.com (posted previously).
After today's halted trading and then the announcement, you can have my Big Pharma BMY, they just got slaughtered -$7.54. At $41/share it might be the right time to buy, but others contend it may only a potent of bad news to come. Ala IMCL, loss of patents on key blockbusters, etc. I am still holding ABT, but getting itchy about some of the news i am seeing.
Oh well, I think I'll just cry in my Bombay "tuni" with the Blue Cheese olives. Prosit!