I think I'm going to gamble this time. Normally DRYS would reverse direction and give up half it's gains in the afternoon. But today it reaches a new high every 5 minutes. I don't know if news has leaked, or what, but it's ending very strong on very high volume. I'd love to lock in profits here, but I have a sneaky suspicion that something is amiss.
geeeezzzeee !!!!! try looking out a few months......
you guys want to go straight up.. ain't going to happen....
if you sell now to take a few thousand profit... and come back in a month or two to see the pps at 40
wtf would you be saying to yourself then ??????
been there done that......
Ummm...so what? That still doesn't fully account for today's activity. The Oppenheimer upgrade was released this morning. But we continued to have increased volume throughout the afternoon. We either witnessed a lot of short covering, or someone knows something else.
Know in time (1-5 months) this will be way up. Where can you make that kind of profit elsewhere? I think you will only find greater risks elsewhere. DRYS recently got a 625 million contract, and many more are coming.
Wait 6 months to a year and it will be fantastic!
Are you that low on cash that you can't wait?
You always will be if you don't wait! REMEMBER THAT!
I used to be there myself.
Hmmm...I have to disagree. In this market it's usually better to take your profits and run. If DRYS were based on fundamentals, I might buy what you're saying, but there's no fundamentals to be found. Loads of debt, and no end to the horrible economy is in sight (despite what Obamanomics would have you believe).
You go ahead and hold for the long haul, and if we do see $50 in 2 years (doubtful, imo), I will have made more than twice that trading it along the way.
I'm holding for now, but if we get a good bump with typical "no news" (like the covenant waivers), you bet I'll be selling.
No news too leak..Dry bulk shippers all up as they were the laggerds of the market for 3 months. Dry bulk index is up so they follow. No rocket science here either!! Send it in as long as China imports steel,copper etc all is well. Then punt after runup next week and hit banks again before disclosure in May!!