That's all 6 sigma means? Sure. I'm not sure why you think the government is 100% fraud free and 100% efficient.
Like I said, 6 sigma has a proven cost cutting track record. SS is probably the more difficult one to lean out. So sure, I'll make a cut. 30% off SS right away. There's 240 billion.
If I were Emperor -- Other random cuts...
- I would enforce a mandatory drug test for all recipients of government assistance.
- Mandatory ban on smoking for all recipients of government assistance of any kind. This includes Medicare, welfare, etc
- Mandatory vegetarian diet for all recipients of gov assistance unless a doctor has a compelling reason they shouldn't
That should get quite a few people off government assistance. Taking away burgers is a good motivator. Be thankful I'm not emperor.
- I would also end the perpetual cycle of unemployment benefits that seems to be going on right now.
- There are quite a few MIL-STD-#### I would eliminate from the military. Most of them deal with excessive documentation of products. One of the major costs of development is the excessive documentation defense contractors must write and maintain.
I have more, but I'm bored now. I have iphone apps to write.. bye bye wally. Go have a beer... find a girlfriend. You need to get out more
Of course there is fraud. But the people who benefit from fraud aren't going to volunteer who they are. And fraud does not make up a third of the budget. Again you provide no specifics because you have none. What government workers would you get rid of?? What benefits would you cut?? You live in fantasyland where wishing makes it so.
Superstorm Sandy ravaged huge swaths of the U.S. East Coast, killing more than 130 people, causing at least $62 billion in damage and turning neighborhoods into rubble. More than 72,000 homes were damaged or destroyed in New Jersey alone. But the devastation was not enough to convince Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.) to vote for a slim Sandy relief bill in early January.
On a conservative talk show earlier this month, Huelskamp explained his opposition, saying he was "not convinced" that Sandy relief was necessary. He said the relief legislation "reminds me of the stimulus package."
Huelskamp has been able to see a need for federal relief closer to his home. His brother's farm received $1.6 million in federal subsidies from 1995 to 2011. The federal payouts included more than $30,000 for disaster subsidies.
Huelskamp's parents' farm has also received subsidies. Politico reported in 2011 that the farm took in $1.1 million in federal farms subsidies from 1995 to 2009.
Liberals have rose colored glasses on. Ignorance is bliss. However, when "their" taxes go up they are up in arms. My brother in law is an ultra Liberal/Socialist, and when he got his county tax bill two years ago, he called everyone, and their sister, to complain about it.
My response to Liberals/Socialists is always: "You vote for Democrats who promise to raise your taxes, right?". They are usually silent when I ask this, so I continue to say "Vote in people who promise to raise your taxes, and don't complain when they keep their promises".
I find that the more the Liberal/Socialist a person is, the louder they complain about the taxes they have to pay. Go, figure!!!