Perfect opportunity for management to deliver 1-2-3 punch
1. List in Hong Kong. Hong Kong listing will bring in more credibility and visibility
2. Make more land/property deals in USA. (Hint: Florida is still dirt cheap as compared to rest of the developed/developing world)
3. Announce more substantial buyback in the tune of $50-60 million. That will be less than 20% of net cash of $358 million. The returns on buyback $ would be much better than return in your own business.
4. Redesign the website and completely overhaul PR, IR and marketing departments
1. No impact on credibility and visibility, pay attention the issues. Mainland Chinese listings have exactly the same problems in Hong Kong and US.
2. Why would anyone want to invest in a Chinese company investing in US real estate development?
3. This is just going private without the premium. Payout in dividend or put it to use, which the company has clearly indicated a preference for the later.
4. Why? How is this going to help shareholder value. There is an expense. They are marketing to a Chinese customer who does not buy real estate off an English language website or any website for that matter.
2. buying land in florida is not a great idea. cheap is only one factor. orlando is overbuilt. miami has low chinese connection. west coast is beat up with vacancies. xin's forte is trying to link mainland chinese to hotspots in the USA east and west coast metro areas. NYC is the best spot, forever in demand.
3. you want more buybacks so your pps goes higher.
4. agree the website sucks. does not even have usa properties listed.