AGNC will have it's quarterly earnings after close today,Tues., Oct.25,2011. If AGNC is required to give out in divs. 80% of earnings, and if the current div. is and has been 1.40 per quarter, then does that mean we are looking for a number around 1.75 per share to keep up the standard quo? If it happens to be higher will AGNC raise the div. in the 4th quarter, or will they pay a special div. at the end of the year? From reading the many informative posts on this board I've come to learn that AGNC is able to "bank" profits throughout the year as long as the 80% distribution is attained(maintained?) each year. What's in the bank if there is anything? Anyone? Will the numbers today, along with banked profits, be enough to keep the div. at 1.40 per qtr.? If it is so, imo, it might be sufficient enough to yet resurrect the beast known as BATESAT.I currently have a 1/10 position at 27.40, along with a handful that I kept for div.(28.60-1.40=27.20). Good earnings might propel this stock to >29. Will that be enough to spur another spo? Yes, I've posed many questions. Now who'd be kind enough to provide opinions. The day is long and what else to do? Good luck today all, FOXY
And Voila, the SPO materialized and now let me see if we get some nervous nellies who cause the price to dip a bit so that I acquire the shares I desire at the price point I wish for while someone actually pays me a premium to take them no less. I will either come to adore this options thing or learn a hard lesson - I'll know which soon eh? *grin*
Since it seems as though the REITs are not as spo happy, will that possibly bring the cost of MBSs down? If so, AGNC might not wait until 29+ for its next spo, but rather 28.50+, hence now. A good report,a sell on the news, a bounce, and a spo early enough this qtr. to make it accretive? That sounds right to me. Whaddaya think?
>>"... Are we not going to see another secondary?"
You betcha --- and soon (could come with the earnings announcement after the close today). There was no SPO in Q3 and management is chomping at the bit to get one done. In fact we could see two SPO's this quarter; one now and another after an early XD in December.
The SPO will give us another buying opportunity; that's why I sold today, taking some profit and willing to give up some in the SPO is delayed a week or two.
NLY is currently up >1.35%. If AGNC goes up 1% today, to 28.85 i'm a seller. Earnings will be sufficient. AGNC will go over 29. AGNC will have a spo. Another buying opportunity will arrise. BATESAT will return for 1st qtr. of 2012. Happy motoring. FOXY
Sitting on some cash in the hope of an SPO to add to my base AGNC holdings again, so here's for the options wizards - what if I write a sell to open put for 27 in the hope that it dips below that at some point... then I'd not only get the shares I would like, but get paid a premium to buy them even. Feasible??