the Blacks have a longer horizon than I do, and probably well calculated moves. My horizon is short term until I get recapped to my mid summer level. Now 75% in cash and waiting like a panther for a few opportunities. I have never been good at waiting more than a month, got addicted to the action. Weeks like this bore me out of my skull. Looking for the vix to reawaken.
After reviewing Boehner's rhetoric, I do not foresee the rebupplicans to roll over on debt ceiling. In the least we will get some market retraction. How soon, I dunno, but the news agencies need drama to sell advertising and the two biggest things going now are debt and guns.
OOOh! I should look at cheap strangles on the gun stocks. No pun intended unless you are feeling generous.
I decided to take your advice and just now go 65% cash(so far).
I sold AGNC, WMC, and NMM, all for nice profits.
The low volume does concern me, indeed like the calm before the storm.
As long as that storm carry these stocks out of reach, all will be fine.
I owned NMM from the 12's to 14+.
They are do to announce a dividend on or around 01/18.
In 7 of the last 8 quarters, NMM rose from the announcement to the apex over 3.5% every quarter, most of those quarters even more.
So I'm looking for a greater pullback(NMM down fairly big today), and eagerly await NMM's dividend announcement to re-up for a 3.5% win(hopefully).
I held onto TC, most of the other 35%.
I bought more TC twice this week, looking for its run to continue.
It's dropped ever since.
It's selling aroung 4.15, my cost, 4.04(having risen since my last buy).
What do you/se think about TC?
TC seems to have survived the crazy costs that comes when a relatively small mining company builds a completely new facility(on a mountain full of gold and copper!).
A series of vicious short attacks didn't help their pps any either.
I even recognized some of the posters from the TC mb when AGNC was being attacked.
I think those attackers were foreign, betrayed by the occasionally incorrect grammer and language usage ,imo.
While TC may drop further in the short term, I'm looking for a "double".
I sold my last TC play at 9.17 just this last Feb., so 9.00 shouldn't be too much to ask for given the ever approaching completion of their new facility.