% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated Message Board

  • sandyeggojake sandyeggojake Dec 17, 2012 1:14 PM Flag

    New buy trigger on the classic P&F.

    Intraday over $21.01 fired the double top breakout. PT now being resolved...likely north of prior...$27.5

    Seems clear a new 52wk high close will be set today.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • so Sandy...if what you're saying is true, that BVF has made if clear they are interested in taking Ligand private, Higgins and the board have a responsibility to explore this option, right? Or do you think they are of the mindset that they can create more shareholder value by continuing to be a publicly traded company? Personally, I'd rather take $35/share now than have to wait 3-4 years for $40.

      • 1 Reply to markak1515
      • The board has such a responsibility only if a bonafied offer has been made. But BVF is a value fund - they will be happy waiting - perhaps helping to cause - a technical swoon, and then buy more on the dips. I don't see BVF as the high dollar buyer for $LGND. And actually $LGND is a bit of a work in progress still to be acquired by the usual suspects.

        Which is why we continue to wave our "break $LGND in two now" sign.

        We think we'd see a 50% pop to your range from the mere announcement $LGND was to break into two separate companies; a public royalty monitization play that pays a small but growing div, and a separate classic public R&D co. The R&D is being held back given it is underfunded and the $LGND value investors will flee (and/or axe Higgins) if they now hint they are about to do a massive secondary. Meanwhile the royalty monitization entity will never get full value unless there is a near term path to have a meaningful return of capital.

93.29-0.35(-0.38%)Oct 25 4:00 PMEDT