I think this is a good time to HOLD AHR shares if you own.
It MAY also be a good time to buy, purely on speculation. You have seen the bounces this stock has made this week: the volatility (beta) is 1.94 -- meaning twice the normal market's swings. This week's +30%/-30% pops and drops also shows there were a lot of electronic traders that automatically executed at $1.00 per share.
Those with a $1.00 limit sale order have been cleared out now. That leaves a lot of us (like me) who have parked our AHR shares in the "Zombies File" ("Dead-but-still-walking") with no intent on trading until it gets back into the $4.00-$4.50 range.
The drop today was in response to old orders to buy under $1.00, that had a sharper point to their calculator and suspected that some of those targeting $1.00 whose orders did not execute because there weren't enough buyers that believed AHR is in a breakout (it isn't!)were willing to part with their shares for less than $1.00.
So there has been an awakening, a washout, and now there will be a careful climb back to $1.07, where there is statistical resistance.
So I would hold right now. Selling won't let you in on the potential gain to $1.25-$1.50 that could very likely occur before Spring 2010. Buying below $0.85 is a safe bet, but there may be better speculative plays out there.
What type of news is going to be released on MBS defaults?
We might go up if FRE and FNM keep trading up. If they come out of conservatorship, it would send us sky high.
(Yes, I realize there is a difference between the residential and commericial real estate markets.)
Could be the same as last quarter: run up, Q-10, drop, restructure debt, big pop. We'll see.
Annoying how negative the press is: AHR shares dive!!!
By "dive", do they mean "opened the same as the previous day" ??...shmucks
>Long term, there is no reason to sell.
I sold half of my position just now. Wanted to sell yesterday, but work kept me busy.
Very expensive day at work.
Rolled the money over into SKF and SRS, LOL. Fuck BAC.
If you expected it to be worse, then be thankful! It's right back where it was Monday morning, I'm holding a 1000 shares at $1.02. So I'm down, but not out. If I sell I lose, if I wait, I win, you win.