I have been long 2 years and was wondering what other's exit strategy might be. Mine is quite simple. I will sell half at 14.00 and hold the other half for a couple more years.
In a couple of months of sales, we will start to see what the potential is. I think it is still too early make that call. As one poster says 10.50, well I could have had 11 back on Jan 16,2013. We need to give some time for this to get a running start. All these predictions of price are just wishful thinking. There will be a capitulation once the vision is clearer as to whether Belviq is gaining momentum. I have weathered the storm watching this thing climb and dive. It would be like Columbus almost making it across the Atlantic and not find the land of plenty.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Buck, I will put a trailing stop in over $20 and will plan to hold for years. Trying to keep my enthusiasm in check here, but I think Arena will go down in history as one of those "damn, can you imagine if we owned Arena (household name now) when it was just $8 a share?!?!" Take Care!
Sentiment: Poetic justice here that smart retail, who did their DD and are getting ahead of macro economic and demographic trends, are way ahead of near sighted Wall Street and will reap the benefits.
Aaron use a stop. I guess the market maker will love taking your shares. Stop losses are like playing poker with the mm having your cards up. Oh well live and learn expensive lessons.
Ultimately, I will continue with ARNA until I think my money can do better elsewhere... Or my risk tolerance bids me to shift part of my allotment to a more stable investment.
For example, I don't have holdings in AAPL, but follow it as many do because its an entertaining stock. I think buy now it's an easy 10% at some point over the next six months, even if it drops again toward the 380 area. In and of itself, that would be a great return. However, I think ARNA will produce more... And so here I am.
If ARNA shows a stall in growth, I would start to become cautious. If it keeps creeping up, I'll hold. I'm not in a rush.
Many other traders will be out before you starting $10.50. I'll sell off some to get even on the investment, probably one fourth starting at $12.50 and will be up 250% on that batch with a first-in-first out basis.